The Unyte-iLs app is the delivery mechanism for the SSP and Focus System programs and can be thought of as the “music player”. Through the app, you can access your assigned programs for listening in the clinic, at home, or via video conferencing.
The following video provides a quick review of the features of the Unyte-iLs app. Please note, the former playlist names are indicated in this video. The new names for these playlists are now Original (replaces Adult) and Wonder (replaces Child).
There are several important areas of the Unyte-iLs app.
DOWNLOAD AND SETUP
Download the Unyte-iLs app:
ANDROID: Available through the Google Play Store
iOS: Available through the App Store
- Allow Unyte-iLs to access photos, media, and files on your device*
- Log in with the email and password used when setting up your MyUnyte account.
- You will see your available program when you log in.
- The first time you access one of the SSP programs on a new device, the app will download the content needed to play that program. You only need to do this once.
- Once downloaded, you’re ready to begin.
- Click NEXT SESSION to deliver the next session.
- Our app requires access to storage files in order to house the programs. This content will be downloaded the first time you access the program. Unyte will not access your photo or media files.
VOLUME TEST (For SSP only)
Before playing each session, adjust the volume to an appropriate level. The volume test track will play one of the loudest sections of music found in the playlist. Adjust the volume until the music is at the lowest comfortable level for the listener and leave it at this volume level for the duration of the session. At some points in the session, the music may, by design, get very quiet. Do not re-adjust the volume during the session.
Because mobile devices used as players can vary widely, it’s important to set the volume preference at the beginning of each session. When the same device is used for each session the volume level at the first session can be used as a benchmark for improved auditory function.
PLAYING A SESSION
A session is the period of time between when the music starts and ends.
Pause will not end a session, although you can choose to end while the session is paused.
During a session, use the clearly marked controls (buttons) at the bottom of the screen to play and end the music and pause the session if needed.
You can also predetermine the session length by adjusting the slider. The default session length is 30 minutes but this can be adjusted down (to 1 minute) or up (to one hour.) To adjust the slider, hold your finger on the bubble on either end of the line and move it to the desired point along the line. The slider can adjust both ends of the listening session. Be aware that adjusting the session start and end times may result in songs being cut off in the middle of the song. Future updates will allow sessions to start and stop at song breaks.
The content and options available within the Unyte-iLs app are constantly evolving. As more features become available, we will update this article.
If you have any questions, our support team is available at firstname.lastname@example.org.