This article will guide you to test your amplifier to determine if it is performing as intended. It is important to follow the steps in order.
Step 1: Charge your Amplifier
Plug the amp charging cable into the DC port at the back of the unit. Plug the other end of the cable into a wall outlet. A green light indicates it is charging and turns off once fully charged.
- For detailed instructions refer to How do I charge my ILS (Focus) Amplifier?
Step 2: Confirm the following: ✅
- The green light on the back of the amp turns on while charging and then off once charging is complete. (Charging can take up to 6 hours)
- The blue light on the front of the amp turns on and remains solid when turning the AC knob past 0.5
If you can check BOTH of the boxes, your amp is performing as intended. If not, proceed to Step 3.
Step 3: Test your Amplifier: 🛠️
- Turn the AC knob past 0.5. Check if the blue light on the front of the amp turns on and remains solid.
- If the blue light does not come, your amp likely needs to be charged first.
- Confirm the outlet you’re using is supplying power.
- Ensure the charging cable is fully inserted into the amp and wall outlet.
- Check to see if the green light on the back of the amp turns on.
- This light will turn off after reaching a full charge. If your amp is already fully charged it may not come on.
- If both the blue AND green light do not come on, re-adjust the charging cable and put pressure on various points of the charging wire while plugged into a wall outlet.
- Leave the amp plugged into the charger for 6-8 hours. An empty battery typically takes about 4-6 hours to reach a full charge.
- Confirm the green light turns off after it’s plugged into the charger for at least 6 hours. If it does not, your amplifier may not be charging properly.
- Confirm the amp charging cable is not bent or damaged.
If the green light on the back of the amp turns on and then off after charging for 6 or less hours AND the blue light on the front of the amp turns on and remains solid when turning the AC knob past 0.5 your amp is working as intended.
Need more help?
If your amplifier did not pass any of these tests and you’d like further support please fill out the Technical Support Form. If you’d like to test your headphones please see How do I test my ILS (Focus) Headphones?