While SSP Core is the only one of the Pathways that requires headphones, we recommend purchasing headphones that will suffice for Core and then use them for Connect and Balance when headphones are used.
- Over-the-ear (circumaural) headphones because they allow for an immersive sound experience
- On-ear headphones and earbuds are not recommended
- Avoid noise-canceling headphones (unless noise-canceling can be turned off)
- Bluetooth headphones are approved as long as the distance between the headphones and the device is kept to a minimum so as to not disrupt the music.
Even inexpensive headphones can effectively deliver the mid-frequency sounds of the SSP. While high-quality headphones are better for full-frequency music, don't feel like you need to purchase the best headphones you can find.
Unyte-iLs original SSP headphones available for purchase.
Additional Headphone Recommendations:
- iLs Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-M20x Professional Monitor Headphones
- OneOdio Wired Over Ear Headphones
Headphones with Apple Phones
Because Apple devices do not have a headphone jack, iOS users will need a lightning to 3.5 mm adapter in order to use typical headphones. A dongle can be purchased at Best Buy, Target or the Apple Store.