While SSP Core is the only one of the Pathways that requires headphones, we recommend purchasing headphones that will suffice for Core and then use them for Connect and Balance when headphones are used.
- Over-the-ear (circumaural) headphones because they allow for an immersive sound experience
- On-ear headphones and earbuds are not recommended
- Avoid noise-canceling headphones (unless noise-canceling can be turned off)
- Avoid headphones with a bass boosting feature, or turn it off.
- Bluetooth headphones are approved as long as the distance between the headphones and the device is kept to a minimum so as to not disrupt the music.
Why Should I not use Noise-Canceling Headphones?
Noise-canceling headphones work by emitting a low-frequency sound that disrupts the mid-frequency sounds of background noise. These same mid-frequency sounds are critical to the efficacy of the SSP delivery. In addition, noise-canceling headphones create an isolating experience that could be felt as unsafe for some listeners.
Why Should I use Over-Ear Headphones?
Even inexpensive headphones can effectively deliver the mid-frequency sounds of the SSP. While high-quality headphones are better for full-frequency music, don't feel like you need to purchase the best headphones you can find.
Unyte-iLs original SSP headphones are available for purchase. If you are a Provider, you can access our SSP headphones for purchase through your MyUnyte account. Click on "Store". If you have a client account, you can contact a Unyte agent to place an order for our headphone set. ($69)
Headphones with Apple Phones
Because Apple devices do not have a headphone jack, iOS users will need a lightning to 3.5 mm adapter in order to use typical headphones. A lightning adapter can be purchased at Best Buy, Target or the Apple Store.
Article is closed for comments.