What is Firmware?
Your iom2 biofeedback device runs embedded firmware (a special type of software) that controls and manages the device. This firmware can be periodically updated to enable new features, provide updated functionality or correct issues.
Requirements for Updating iom2 Firmware
Updating your iom2 firmware requires some dedicated time (usually less than 10 minutes) and should be done with uninterrupted care and attention.
In order to update your iom2 firmware, you will need:
- Your iom2 biofeedback device.
- Your Unyte USB cable.
- The Unyte Firmware Updater application (please contact Unyte Support if you do not have this application).
- A Microsoft Windows-based PC*
*Please note: The procedure and application for performing this process using an Apple Mac computer will be released in the near future.
Updating Your iom2 Firmware
1. Find some time (usually less than 10 minutes) to proceed uninterrupted.
2. Install the Unyte Firmware Updater application on your Microsoft Windows-based PC.
3. Launch the Unyte Firmware Updater application and follow the instructions in the application.
4. Once the firmware update is complete, the iom2 will reset and power back up as normal. (you will see the leaves display before returning to its regular messaging)
- Ensure that when you are prompted to plug your USB cable into the iom2, the cable is firmly and snugly plugged in.
- Once the Unyte Firmware Updater is updating your iom2, do not interrupt the process.
- In order to put the iom2 into "firmware updater mode", start with the iom2 "asleep", i.e. the display is blank and the USB cable is not plugged in. Your iom2 will usually go to sleep within 30 to 60 seconds of inactivity.
- Some models of the iom2 do not show the "Firmware Updater Mode" message on the screen. The best way to determine whether your iom2 is in "firmware updater mode" is if the light on the button on the side of the iom2 stays lit.
- Ensure your iom2 has at least some battery charge before starting this process, i.e. the display should not show "Please charge your iom2 now!". If this message does appear, please charge your iom2 for at least 1 to 2 hours before proceeding with the firmware updating process.
If you are in any way unsure about the iom2 firmware updating process, please don't hesitate to contact Unyte Support for more assistance.