The iom2 measures your heart rate to calculate your Heart Rate Variability (HRV) but what exactly is HRV?
What is HRV?
HRV is a measure of the variation in the amount of time between each heartbeat and is considered to be a strong indicator of your meditative state. It has been shown through decades of research that higher HRV correlates with an optimal, relaxed nervous system state, positive emotions, and improved health.
What are the Benefits of Increased HRV?
High HRV correlates with a healthy heart, a longer and healthier life, as well as increased happiness and positive emotions.
Some Other Benefits:
- Blood pressure and thermoregulation begin to normalize.
- Brain synchronizes with the heart, creating better performance on cognitive tasks and increased reaction time.
- Immune system boosts.
- Heart rate normalizes.
- Positive emotions increase.
Can HRV be Improved?
Yes! There are two ways to increase it:
- Breath: a consistent breathing cycle of 5 seconds in and 5 seconds out will help you achieve increased HRV
- Positive emotions: the second way to increase HRV is to access positive emotions such as appreciation, calm and joy.
How Unyte Helps
Unyte teaches specific breathing, mindfulness and relaxation techniques that are proven to increase your HRV. With Unyte, you gain instantaneous awareness of your nervous system state and learn to directly influence your HRV. Biofeedback may, as part of a healthy lifestyle, help in the following ways:
- Improve sleep quality
- Ease anxiety
- Helps fine tune skills for optimal performance
- Improves ability to help adversity and stress
- Assists in disorder/syndrome treatments
- Reduces Pain
- Promotes health and psychological well-being
- Reduces depression
Article is closed for comments.